A LONG GLOBAL HISTORY IN RAILCAR SHUNTING
Trackmobile railcar movers have been shunting railcars and serving the world’s railroads since 1950, with over 2,000 machines in more than 60 countries outside of North America. Our machines operate in many of the most austere environments on Earth, ranging from the artic regions to extreme desert applications. Our efficiency, best-in-class safety equipment and minimal “down-time” make us the clear choice for railcar shunting. We have earned our customers’ business through tailoring our machines to meet your specific application.
WHAT RAILCAR MOBILITY SOLUTIONS DOES TRACKMOBILE OFFER?
- Lower capital cost as replacement for expensive locomotives
- Consumes up to 80% less than locomotives
- Quality – ISO 9001 certification, Cummins engines and John Deere / Funk
- Reliability – Most consistent tractive effort in various weather and work conditions
- Safety – patent pending 360 degree perimeter and railing cameras, work lights, etc.
- Part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., whose 2015 revenues were nearly $211 billion
- Used in more than 60 countries globally, see where.
- Power – Ability to pull up to 60* railcars
- Bi-modal – On Road capability
*Actual number of railcars pulled may vary based on model, track conditions, load, and other factors.
RAIL GAUGE FLEXIBILITY
Our current machine line-up offers options for the widest variation of rail axle gauges in the market. Including:
- 1000 mm gauge
- 1067 mm gauge
- 1435 mm gauge
- 1520 mm gauge
- 1600 mm gauge
- 1676 mm gauge
CONNECTING UP FOR RAILCAR SWITCHING
Did you know that we can accommodate virtually any coupler style, or coupler combination that you need?
We offer many of the most common couplers from around the world. Common couplers installed on Trackmobiles are:
- UIC (Hook and Buffer style)
- Metro couplers
If you require a unique style of coupler, ask if we can do it!
In addition to offering the flexibility of various rail gauge sized axles and coupler styles, we also offer AAR, various UIC, as well as other special railwheel profiles.
METRO TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
We are not new to metro transportation systems. In fact, we have over 100 machines currently working in various metro systems, worldwide.
Are tunnels and other structures a concern? Do you have tight or low height clearances? We have a product that was designed just for you. At just 2438 mm wide, the Hercules Full Width Cab is an ideal solution for your application. Learn More.
1602 Executive Drive
LaGrange, GA 30240
Phone: (706) 884-6651
Fax: (706) 884-0390
©2018 Trackmobile® LLC All Rights Reserved.