CRAB PRODUCT LINE
The CRAB 1500 E and 1800 E models are small remote-controlled road/rail electric railcar movers. Each unit is equipped with a user-friendly multifunctional pad with emergency recovery buttons.
- On the road the CRAB is guided by a rudder (similar to a pallet jack tiller arm). Using the rudder to rail the CRAB, the operator walks behind the machine and positions it across the tracks using the rudder to traverse the railwheels left to right and align with the track rails and sit the machine perpendicularly onto the tracks for use.
- On the railway the CRAB 1500 and 1800 models operate by remote control.
Entering railroad tracks at a designated crossing area, the CRAB models are positioned perpendicular to the tracks. When the Railwheels beneath the CRAB are aligned with the rails, the Patented railwheels are lowered on to the rail.
The perfect choice for companies who need to move one or two cars at a time and have confined areas such as tunnels, metros, and railway maintenance shops.
CRAB 1500 E and 1800 E Model Features:
- Moves loads from 3,372 to 4,045 lbf. (depending upon model)
- Heavy duty usage that is safe, easy to use and operate
- Operates on rail and on road
- Extremely environmentally friendly with zero emissions
- Fits standard AAR North American rail gauges and railcar couplers
- Red and white directional signaling lights in rail mode
- Exterior emergency stop buttons
- Safety lock-out system to prevent start-up during charging
- Low noise and onboard vibration
- Programmable micro PLC and high efficiency inverters govern traction control
- Includes UL/CSA Plug Multi-Tension transformer
- Hydraulic power brake system
- Low operation and maintenance costs
- Hetronic™ Remote Control (Standard)
- Pin Type Connector (2-Positions)
- Tow Bar (Requires PIN TYPE CONNECTOR)
- Zephir AAR with remote actuation
- Zephir AAR – Long Type Coupler Adapter
- Various mechanical-type transit coupler adapters are available
- Operator Platform w/Safety Arms
- Hydraulic Slide (Adjust Coupler Height up/down)
- LED Working Lights (2)
- Distance proximity sensors with acoustic function (rail mode)
- Rubber buffers
- Photocell safety barrier – automatically stops machine in defined positions
- Rail track short-circulating signaling system
- Service Tools
- INTERLOCK SYSTEM for Under wheel Lathe (Requires Hetronic™ Remote Control)
1602 Executive Drive
LaGrange, GA 30240
Phone: (706) 884-6651
Fax: (706) 884-0390